YOUR HOME FOR SHOWCASE SPORTS, COLLEGE RECRUITING AND GREAT VALUE IN TRAVEL DESTINATION
Hotels are NOW open for all events in 2022! If you need any immediate assistance, please email email@example.com for more support.
Firecracker Sports Hotels
(Please select your option)
If you’re looking to reserve 1 or 2 rooms for your family
select this option
TEAM ROOM BLOCK
If you’re looking to block more than 5 rooms for your team,
select this option.
Our Hotel Policies
ALL TRAVELING TEAM MANAGERS/CLUB ADMINISTRATORS MUST REVIEW OUR HOTEL POLICY & RULES PRESENTED BELOW. FAILURE TO KNOW OUR POLICY COULD SUBJECT YOUR TEAM TO NON-ACCEPTANCE OR REMOVAL FROM THE TOURNAMENT
To insure the quality of service provided during a Firecracker Sports event this organization has put in a Hotel Obligation Policy.
WHAT IS A “HOTEL OBLIGATION” TOURNAMENT?
Simply stated, if your team requires hotel accommodations (team traveling 75 miles or more to the event’s destination city) your team MUST stay at one of the approved participating tournament partner hotels. These participating hotels are reviewable by clicking on the “hotel” links on the tournament event page or on the main page of Firecracker Sports. We do not have a full “stay to play” policy but we do require 75% of your team/coaches to stay with one of our partner hotels through our website. Reservations should be made ASAP as the hotels fill up quick.
We do have a waiver policy, if teams do NOT want to book through us, but want to participate in our events. Please see below.
WHY DOES THIS TOURNAMENT HAVE A “HOTEL OBLIGATION?”
We work very hard to keep our costs down and also balance the economic impact a tournament like ours can have towards the communities and programs we serve. The approved hotels on this website assist with both concerns and the following are the benefits to our programs:
- We only require 75% of your team to stay with one of our hotels. This allows 25% of your team to use points for their stay at another hotel, use Air BNB or camp sites for their travel preferences.
- To make it manageable we have room nights “blocked” for our out-of-town teams from our participating tournament partner hotels.
- Because we do not use a Third Party Housing Group and we negotiate large blocks of rooms with the hotels directly, you’ll find a wide variety of best pricing and amenities from our hotels.
- Care in selecting location and proximity to our playing field. See our “fields/facilities” tab to find out where your team most likely will be playing so you can lock down hotels near your fields.
- All of our tournament hotels have been approved due to their quality and desire to give our guests the best event experience.
- Room inventory which is shared with the tournament to ensure that room demands can be met from year to year.
- By using participating tournament partner hotels, Firecracker Sports can offer our “Act of God” Clause. This states “Should this event be cancelled for reasons beyond the Event Organizer’s control (including weather), all outstanding reservations will be released at no charge to the participants within the hotel policies individually.”
WHY ARE THERE PENALTIES FOR NOT ABIDING BY OUR HOTEL “HOTEL OBLIGATION” POLICY?
In order to best serve our out-of-town teams we need this to be a win-win for our guest teams and our hotel partners…If the rules are not followed then we jeopardize our relationships with these hotels and this could potentially add more costs to the teams.
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR NOT FOLLOWING OUR POLICY?
- Any accepted team to a tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and does not stay in one of our approved partner hotels will not be accepted to the tournament.
- An accepted team to a tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and double books their team at more than one hotel will not be accepted to the tournament or will be removed from the tournament.
- Teams who do not stay in our partner hotels will risk forfeiting their games and not be allowed to return to the tournament next year.
- There is a waiver fee, if a team does not want to book directly through our website, $500.00 per team payable to Firecracker Sports so we can reimburse our hotel partners.
Great question! If you booked through our hotel system, you don’t have to do anything. We handle everything for you provided it’s before the hotel portal closes on our website (normally 2 weeks prior). Once an event has been canceled due to covid or related issues, we handle the reservations within our hotel system and cancel them out 2 weeks out prior to the event dates. If an event is rescheduled, you will have to make a new reservation for those dates and that event. If the event is canceled due to weather, you will need to cancel the hotel directly since it’s within that 2 week window of the event. You can always check “My Account” on our website and there is a tab “My Hotels” that show all hotels you have booked with through our site. You an easily edit, modify and cancel your hotels right there as well.
However if you booked on your own “outside of our website or booked directly” you are on your own to edit, modify or cancel.
Typically hotels will receive your reservation information 1 month prior to an event starting. This could be earlier or later depending on the hotel and their policies. Please do NOT contact the hotel prior to 1 month of your event.
Credit cards are not charged at the time of booking. Please review the hotel cancellation policy prior to submitting your reservation for details on when or if a deposit will be applied closer to check-in.
Great question! You can see your reservation by confirmation email or by logging into your account on our website. Once you are in “My Account” there will be a tab call “My Hotels” and you can see all past/current hotel reservations that you have secured.
No. Hotels are not allowed to accept direct bookings and they will refer you back to our website. This policy is to make sure that proper room counts are maintained based on contracts, teams and reservations. We want to guarantee all of our customers the best customer service and the lowest rates possible while attending our events so this helps maintain that.
Great question! Any team traveling more than 75 miles that will require overnight accommodations and does not book through Firecracker Sports website, will not be accepted into the tournament and placed onto the waiting list. Any team that books directly or takes a block then doesn’t pickup the rooms, will be moved to the waiting list. The team’s money will be credited for a future event and the team will NOT be scheduled.
We have a hotel obligation policy for all teams traveling more than 75 miles to our events. This is a “softer” policy than “stay to play,” which allows teams to book with their preferred hotel brand and/or book with their points, etc. This must be completed through our hotel booking system not directly with the hotel.
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any hotel questions before the event. Once you are 1 week away from the event, you can contact the hotel directly as they will have the rooming lists, confirmations, and hotel information for your stay.