(4-5 positions per semester)
Paid Summer Internship – Game Day Operation Supervisors
About this Job:
Firecracker Sports Game Day/Operations Managers have a high interest in the game of baseball, a very good understanding of the rules of baseball and pride themselves on providing great customer service to our players, families and teams attending our events.
This position requires interns to commit to 6 summer tournaments in and around the areas of Old Orchard Beach, ME, Providence, RI, Saratoga, NY, Westchester, NY and Hershey, PA. (See Schedule Below) (Hotel accommodations and meal stipends are paid for by Firecracker Sports)
As a Game Day/Operations Manager, you will represent Firecracker Sports as the tournaments official field manager. Your duties will include ensuring teams are compliant with tournament and field usage rules and games are run smoothly and on time. You will act as the “official scorer” for each game and report all scores and notable activities at the field to the Tournament Director. You will interact and provide information relative to the tournament to our players, coaches, families and scouts.
Submission of a cover letter and a resume to Firecracker Sports is required.
- Ability to manage your time and independently.
- Must be able to multitask and manage multiple teams, games and coaches throughout the day.
- Having a friendly disposition with good communication skills.
- Be resourceful and have the ability to resolve issues which may arise such as absentee/late umpires, team conflicts, rule discrepancies, weather related and field issues.
- Know how to keep score of a baseball game.
- Applicants are required to have a field of study in event management, sport management and/or customer service and/or public relations and/or operations management and/or sports operations.
- Interns will report to 6 events throughout the summer and work through their related duties during the day.
- Memorial Day Patriotic Bash – Providence, RI (May 22, 2020 – 25 , 2020)
- All American Lighthouse Classic – Old Orchard Beach, ME (June 23, 2020 – June 27, 2020)
- 4th of July Showcase Classic – Providence, RI – (June 30, 2020 – July 4, 2020)
- Showcase Battle at the Borders – Saratoga, NY (July 15, 2020 – July 18, 2020)
- Colonial Clash – Westchester, NY (July 22, 2020 – July 25, 2020)
- Sweet Spot Showcase Classic – Hershey, PA (July 29, 2020 – August 1, 2020)
- Interns are required to stay overnight at events
- Interns are required to have their own reliable means of transportation to and during the events.
- Applicants must have a valid license and have a reliable automobile for travel to and from events.
- Interns must be available for all games and events for their term. Interns report to the field one hour before the game/event, and remain until all post game duties are fulfilled. Your employment must not interfere with your internship commitment.
- Setup and breakdown of game day activities at each field/facility assigned.
- Take initiative and make proper notifications to make sure field is game ready if no field maintenance crew is available.
- Keep score at game
- Keep clock at game (Games are run on 2 hour time limits)
- Report Scores to Tournament Director
- Touch up field between games if no field maintenance crew is available.
- Perform administrative duties at our College Showcase Camps prior to each tournament/event.
- Run administrative duties such as handling player check-ins social media profiles; and other related duties.
- Act as Firecracker Baseball community liaison by being personal, comforting and accommodating with customer relations with teams; facility owners; players; parents and coaches at all times.
- Attendance at all games at your assigned field/facility during the event(s) assigned.
Compensation and Future Contract/Employment Consideration:
- College credit through your approved institution for the semester.
- $1000 paid to Intern upon successful completion of summer internship
- $100 paid to Intern separately for meal/travel expenses to 5 events (Total $500)
- All necessary Hotel Accommodations paid for by Firecracker Sports.
- Interns have been hired as paid contractors, administrators and staff for future events with Firecracker Baseball after successfully demonstrating the skills necessary to fulfill their related duties.
- A great part of Firecracker Baseball is you CAN maintain other employment or personal life while interning at our events/games as long as that is not interfering with your assignment(s).
About Firecracker Sports:
Firecracker Sports is committed to providing opportunities for everyone involved to develop their skills, showcase their talent and broaden their exposure for success in the marketplace.
Firecracker Sports is the largest youth baseball tournament provider in the northeast and part of one of the fastest growing sports industries in the United States. We host baseball tournaments and showcases for youth organizations and players in Rhode Island, Maine, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and New Hampshire.
Annually, we host approximately 500 youth baseball teams and serve approximately 10,000 fans, 5,000 players and 1000 coaches who are in attendance at our events. Throughout the year we promote our teams, players and coaches through our 35K+ following on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Our tournaments and showcases are currently being held in Providence, RI; Old Orchard Beach, ME; Saratoga, NY; Hershey, PA; Long Island, NY; Hartford, CT; Manchester, NH; and Westchester, NY. Our mission is to provide youth baseball players as many opportunities as possible to develop, showcase and promote their skills for the collegiate level and increase a teams exposure in the marketplace and their “brand of baseball.”