Director of Softball Operations:
Firecracker Sports is looking to for a Director of Softball Operations that will lead in the development and growth for this new business line.
Required Skills Responsibilities:
• Research and develop a business plan for Firecracker Sports new softball business line, considering necessary resources, market opportunity and sport-specific operations.
• Serve as brand liaison to the softball community, developing relationships with key operators, vendors and venues.
• Collaborate with functional departments (marketing, sales and strategic partnerships) to develop a go-to-market plan for the vertical.
• Creatively identify and assess new programming opportunities and revenue streams to position Firecracker Sports as a thought leader in youth softball space.
• Build softball operations protocols and train staff to execute tournaments and events.
• Make timely, data-driven business and operational decisions and recommendations. Use superior judgement during decision making. Required Experience Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a sports related discipline or equivalent experience
• Previous experience in playing and coaching softball
• Previous experience in a business development capacity
• Ability to manage, plan, organize, implement, and execute programming
• Demonstrate exceptional personal organization and time management skills, including adherence to short-term and seasonal deadlines.
• Display strong customer-first orientation for all internal and external customers, accepting responsibility and accountability during daily work.
• Customer-focused attitude
• Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work with children demonstrating patience, empathy, and understanding Working Conditions / Special Physical Requirements:
• Routinely required to work extended hours of time
• Physical ability to accomplish all tasks
• Routinely lift or move up to 50 pounds at least 20% of the time • Routinely exposed to extreme hot/cold weather conditions, and dust / particles