YOUR HOME FOR SHOWCASE SPORTS, COLLEGE RECRUITING AND GREAT VALUE IN TRAVEL DESTINATION
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Road Map to Play for Team USA.
Note: In each step below, EVERY PLAYER MUS BE RERCOMMENDED BY THE USA BASEBALL/NTIS TASK FORCE.
Invitations can be sent as late as 3 weeks prior to each STEP below.
- STEP 1 – Compete in a “USA Baseball/NTIS Evaluation” event where every player will be evaluated by the USA Baseball Task Force. Identifier Events are usually between January-June depending on age group.
- Firecracker Elevated Exposure Event – (Individual Evaluation Event)
- Compete in a Firecracker Tournament with USA BASEBALL/NTIS Task Force Present. –Team Event.
- STEP 2 – If Recommended, Compete in your regions “Regional Qualifier”, where every player will be evaluated by the USA Baseball Task Force. Regional Qualifiers are usually in June. Players can choose to participate in a Regional Qualifier, below.
- Each of the 6 Regions will select 2 Teams to Represent Your Region in the Champions Cup.
- E.g. Team Northeast will have 2 teams represented in the 11u, 12u, 13u, 14u, 15u, and 16u ages.
- Regions: Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, South, Northwest, and Southwest.
- 2023 NORTHEAST REGIONAL QUALIFIER DATES
- 11U-16U on June 20 & 21st – Location TBD
- New York:
- 11U-14U on June 29th & 30th at Diamond in the Pines
- 11U June 20-21st The Big Show
- 12U June 27-28th The Big Show
- 13U June 20-21st The Big Show
- 14U June 27-28th The Big Show
- 15U 6/20-6/21 or 6/27-6/28 Alvernia University
- 16U 6/20-6/21 or 6/27-6/28 Alvernia University
- New York:
- STEP 3 – If Selected, Participate on your regions “Regional Team” in the Champions Cup at the National Training Center(NTC) in Cary, N.C. Dates per age group TBA, usually in August.
- Final Step – If selected from participation in the Champions Cup, where all players will be evaluated by National Team Coaches and Scouts, participate in either the National Team Training Camp or National Team Development Programs (NTPD) in the subsequent years.
- 10u/11u – 2024 12u National Team Training Camp
- 12u – 2024 13u Athletic Development Program
- 13u – 2024 14u Athletic Development Program
- 14u – 2024 15u National Team Training Camp
- 15u – 2024 16u National Team Development Program
- 16u – 2024 17u National Team Development Program
Q: What is USA Baseball?
Since 1978, USA Baseball has been the national governing body for the sport of baseball. It represents the sport in the United States as a member of the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) and internationally as a member federation of the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC).
Nearly every major national amateur baseball organization in America is united as a USA Baseball National Member Organization. As a result, USA Baseball governs more than 15.6 million amateur players in ballparks and playgrounds across the country.
As the commissioner’s office for amateur baseball, USA Baseball is a resource center for its various membership group, fans, and players. USA Baseball is also responsible for promoting and developing the game of baseball on the grassroots level, both nationally and internationally.
Q: What is the current international age determination date?
The current international age determination date states your birthday must fall on January 1 or later of a specified year to be eligible for particular age groups. The age a player reaches during the calendar year of the international competition will serve as his competition age.
(For example, if your son/daughter wants to play on the 18U National team in 2018, he/she must be 18 years old or younger during the entire calendar year. If your son/daughter would turn 19 on or before December 31 of 2018, he/she would not be eligible to participate with the 18U National Team because his/her competition age would be 19, regardless of his/her age during the time of the tournament.)
For 2023, the international age determination date dictates:
- 10U – born in 2013
- 11U – born in 2012
- 12U – born in 2011
- 13U – born in 2010
- 14U – born in 2009
- 15U – born in 2008
- What are the rules for bat specifications at USA Baseball National Team Identification Series events?
For a complete listing of bat specifications for all USA Baseball events, including the National Team Identification Series regional selection process, click here.
Q: Where can I sign up for an Elevated Exposure Event?
All Elevated Exposure Events are on the Firecracker Sports web site, click here.
Q: Who do I contact with any questions regarding the Elevated Exposure Events?
Dan Kennedy is the Director of Events for Firecracker Sports as well as Liaison for USA Baseball/NTIS. Please contact him at email@example.com