YOUR HOME FOR SHOWCASE SPORTS, COLLEGE RECRUITING AND GREAT VALUE IN TRAVEL DESTINATION
2022 Columbus Day Bash - Softball
Saturday, October 8th – Monday, October 10th | Hartford/Norwich, Connecticut
Colleges/Organizations Who Attended This Event In The Past
2022 Tournament Information
Age groups: 18U
Pool play: Saturday, October 8th
Playoffs & Championships: Sunday, October 9th, 2022
- Please Note: – Teams will be accepted on a “First paid-First accepted” basis and entries will be limited only to the first 20 paid registrations.
- Registration Fee: $999.00
- Teams who register, but do not pay are not in the tournament and placed on the waiting list until payment is received. To avoid being placed on the waiting list and secure entry, payment must be made.
- 4 Game Guarantee: Pool play format will be used with all teams entered (*weather permitting*).
- Softballs are included for this event as an added bonus to all teams and programs.
- Two (2) High School board certified Umpires are supplied for every game.
- Preliminary round games will take place at area high school, parks and collegiate fields with the playoffs and championship games being held at a college venue. We use the top fields in the area such as Eastern Connecticut State University, Mitchell College and many more.
- Current and past college and professional coaches are employed to evaluate the teams at the prime recruiting age groups during our events.
- NO GATE FEES EVER!
- Above and Beyond our Competition…We provide pre and post game interviews with players and coaches, social media staff to promote players and teams, live in game statistics, player assessments and videos which get added to our player database and much much more!
We understand weather and mother nature can impact your event experience unfortunately. We strive to provide communication before you leave your home or hotel, when possible.
There are many factors that go into running events including the weather, leasing fields from private schools, town officials that get these fields ready along other "outside factors" that can determine delays, shortening of games or unfortunately cancelations as well. Please click on this link or the yellow button on our schedule page "Event/Weather Updates" for updates daily when weather can be an impact to your event.
2022 College Coaches Attending
Please check out our website regularly as we approach the new calendar year for confirmed attendance of coaches, schools and scouts. Our rotator above will show you the quality of programs who attended this event previously and several who have expressed interest in being a part of this event moving forward. Below is the list of schools and personnel who are expected in attendance for this year including our previous years attendance as well.
Coaches expected to attend and evaluate in 2022!
- College of the Holy Cross
- Quinnipiac University
- American International College
- Clark University
- Trinity College
- Mitchell College
- Eastern Connecticut State University
- Springfield College
- Rhode Island College
- Salve Regina University
- Worcester State University
- University of St. Joseph’s
2022 Teams Registered
We started this event in 2018 and we are very excited about the interest entering our 5th year. Hartford, Connecticut is a great place to visit during the fall with the Six Flags close by, Columbus Day festivals and awesome autumn sunsets! We have opened up this event to include more teams with softball as well. If you are interested in participating in one of the fall’s best events, please register today or inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
2022 Hotel Policy
ALL TRAVELING TEAM MANAGERS/CLUB ADMINISTRATORS MUST REVIEW OUR HOTEL POLICY & RULES PRESENTED BELOW. FAILURE TO KNOW OUR POLICY COULD SUBJECT YOUR TEAM TO NON-ACCEPTANCE OR REMOVAL FROM THE TOURNAMENT
To insure the quality of service provided during a Firecracker Sports event this organization has put in place a Hotel Obligation Policy.
WHAT IS A “HOTEL OBLIGATION” TOURNAMENT?
Simply stated, if your team requires hotel accommodations (team traveling 75 miles or more to the event’s destination city) your team MUST stay at one of the approved participating tournament partner hotels. These participating hotels are reviewable by clicking on the “hotel” links on the Tournament Website or on the home page of Firecracker Sports. Reservations can be made prior to being accepted and should be made ASAP as the hotels fill up quick.
WHY DOES THIS TOURNAMENT HAVE A “HOTEL OBLIGATION?”
We work very hard to keep our costs down and also balance the economic impact a tournament like ours can have towards the communities and programs we serve. The approved hotels on this website assist with both concerns and the following are the benefits to our programs:
- To make it manageable we have room nights “blocked” for our out-of-town teams from our participating Partner Tournament Hotels.
- Because we do not use a Third Party Housing Group and we negotiate large blocks of rooms with the hotels directly, you’ll find a wide variety of best pricing and amenities from our hotels.
- Care in selecting location and proximity to our playing fields (see our field age group/field location chart to find out where your team most likely will be playing so you can lock down hotels near your fields).
- All of our tournament hotels have been approved due to their quality and desire to give our guests the best tournament experience.
- Room inventory which is shared with the tournament to ensure that room demands can be met from year to year.
- By using participating tournament partner hotels Firecracker Sports can offer our “Act of God” Clause. This state’s “Should this event be cancelled for reasons beyond the Event Organizer’s control (including weather), all outstanding reservations will be released at no charge to the participants”
WHY ARE THERE PENALTIES FOR NOT ABIDING BY OUR HOTEL “HOTEL OBLIGATION” POLICY?
In order to best serve our out-of-town teams we need this to be a win-win for our guest teams and our hotel partners…If the rules are not followed then we jeopardize our relationships with these hotels and this could potentially add more costs to the teams.
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR NOT FOLLOWING OUR POLICY?
- Any accepted team to a tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and does not stay in one of our approved partner hotels will not be accepted to the tournament.
- An accepted team to a tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and double books their team at more than one hotel will not be accepted to the tournament or will be removed from the tournament.
- Teams who do not stay in our partner hotels will risk forfeiting their games and not be allowed to return to the tournament next year.
WHAT IF OUR TEAM DOES NOT GET ACCEPTED AND WE HAVE A HOTEL RESERVATION?
Teams will be able to cancel their hotel reservation if they are not accepted to the tournament.
2022 Fields & Facilities
2022 Tournament Rules
Thank you for your interest in Firecracker Sports and support for our softball events. We have updated several rules so there is more clarity to lineups, tie-breakers and other dynamics like home vs. away. We answer all of your biggest questions regarding rules by checking out our “Team Information” section which includes event rules such as age requirements, tie-breakers, lineups and much more like insurance, rosters and payments. Please click on the button below for more advanced details.
If you have any questions or concerns please hit the chat button at the bottom of your screen or email email@example.com for more details.
2022 Team Roster
Thank you for your interest and support of our Firecracker Sports events. In order to provide you the best experience possible, we request the entry of your team’s roster via the link below. The deadline for all Fall tournaments is September 1st. This will allow us to promote your student athletes to the attending college coaches ahead of time along with promote the players who have committed to play in college, giving an extra boast not only to the student athletes but your programs as well!
We have created a brand new and innovative website that is user-friendly for our parents, players and coaches. With this exciting new addition, we have created a one-stop shop for all your showcase softball needs. You can create a user account, setup your teams, register for any event, make payments plus enter your roster one time and being done for the entire calendar year! This platform also will be where you see hotels, shopping, schedules, scores, standings and playoff implications right from your mobile device. We hope you enjoy this special benefit and make your life easier.
2022 Tournament Schedule
We work on releasing our schedules 2 MONTHS prior to any event we host and run throughout the calendar year. Once our event becomes full we begin to put the teams, fields and pool play together so you can plan your trip better to Hartford, Connecticut area. This allows everyone to plan in advance their hotels, social events but also let the college programs you are interested in, know your playing times if they are interested in attending.
We will release schedules directly to the coaches when they have submitted all paperwork and payments, as early as August 15th. Public release for this event in 2022 will be September 30th, listed right here. We try to maintain first class customer service from the point of registration, all the way through our final Championship game of our events, so your experience always remains first class!
2022 Playoff Schedule
- All teams will play 3 games on Saturday, October 8th and then be seeded #1-#8.
- All 8 teams will make the playoffs and be seeded #1-#8, according to the tie-breaker system
- Team will play begin quarterfinal playoff games on Sunday morning at 9am and 1115am at 2 sites, Mitchell College and Eastern Connecticut State University. Winners advance throughout the day.
- Championship game will be held on Sunday, October 9th at Eastern Connecticut State University at 4PM.
- There will be a short award and trophy presentation at the end of the championship game.
- Team trophies along with an MVP trophy will be awarded for each division.
TIE-BREAKER SYSTEM (for advancing from pool play to playoffs):
- Pool Play – Overall Record/Winning Percentage
- Overall record in our tournaments will be used first to determine playoff seedings.
- In the event a tournament is impacted by the weather or other unforeseen issues, resulting in all teams in the same division not having played an equal amount of games, winning percentage will be used instead of overall record to determine playoff seedings.
- Head to Head – (Two and Three Teams)
- If two teams are tied – The head to head winner in that matchup advances.
- If three teams are tied – If one team has defeated the other two teams, that team advances. If not, then we go to tie-breaker #3.
- Pool play runs allowed
- Pool play run differential
- Pool play runs scored
- Coin flip
Columbus Day Bash Scores & Standings
We have partnered with another valued member in the softball industry, Playbook to make your experience even better. Now you can see scores, schedules and standings right from your mobile device as soon as the games are concluded. No more calls, emails to find out where, when and who you are playing. Through our mobile app, Firecracker Sports, you can find the GPS location of fields, get notified of time changes, incase of inclement weather but more importantly know where your team is placed for standings after your wins or unfortunately, losses.
Please check out the latest scores and standings of our events, past and present, held in Hartford and Norwich, Connecticut communities.
Area Attractions and Visitor’s Guide
Coming soon from our friends at the Connecticut Visitor’s and Sports Bureau