YOUR HOME FOR SHOWCASE SPORTS, COLLEGE RECRUITING AND GREAT VALUE IN TRAVEL DESTINATION
2023 Cape Cod 17U National Pro Showcase
Thursday, July 6th – Sunday, July 9th, 2023 | Cape Cod, MA
2023 Tournament Information
Age/Division: 17U or must be Class of 2024 or younger
Pool play: Thursday, July 6th through Saturday, July 8th, 2023
Playoffs & Championships: Sunday, July 9th, 2023
- A field of only 18 competitive teams will be selected for this tournament throughout United States and Canada. Teams may only register after receiving an official invitation from Firecracker Sports. To request an invitation to this tournament please CLICK HERE.
- This event is in cooperation with the Hyannis Harbor Hawks of the Cape Cod Baseball League as well as the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce/CVB.
- Registration Fee for this event is $2,499.00.
- Pro Scouts with a high concentration of D1,D2,D3 and JUCO exposure expected to be in attendance.
- 5 game minimum pool play and playoff and championship format.
- Team workouts with scouts/coaches with extended I/O, batting practice and other testing on your single game day (weather permitting).
- Wood Bat Only: To see our official bat rules and tournament rules please CLICK HERE.
- Baseballs and lineup cards are included for this event.
- NO GATE FEES EVER!
- Above and Beyond your expectations and our Competition...We provide on-field reporting, pre and post game interviews with players and coaches, expanded social media promotion of players and teams, live in game statistics and standings through our website and app, player assessments, videos, profiles and more!
We understand weather and mother nature can impact your event experience unfortunately. We strive to provide communication before you leave your home or hotel, when possible.
There are many factors that go into running events including the weather, leasing fields from private schools, town officials that get these fields ready along other "outside factors" that can determine delays, shortening of games or unfortunately cancelations as well. Please click on this link or the yellow button on our schedule page "Event/Weather Updates" for updates daily when weather can be an impact to your event.
College and Pro Coaches who have attended in the past
This is one of our most scouted events on the calendar each year. We typically see 30+ college and pro scouts at this event due to the time of year, as this event falls between the spring seasons and the start of summer baseball. Each year we have over 35+ schools/MLB organizations present including:
Colleges/Organizations who are committed to attend in 2023!
- NY Mets
- University of Maine
- Northeastern University
- Coastal Carolina University
- University of Central Florida
- University of Connecticut
- Quinnipiac University
- St. John's University
- College of the Holy Cross
- Southern New Hampshire University
- Oswego State University
- Rollins College
- Post University
- Georgia Gwinnett University
- Johnson & Wales University
- Husson University
- Salve Regina University
- Hudson Valley Community College
- Ottawa University (AZ)
- Bryant Stratton College
2023 Teams Registered
We started planning this event in 2021 to create a truly unique college and pro elevated exposure event. This year we will have 18 teams competing and coming from Canada, New York, Maryland, Virginia, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Pennsylvania. If you are interested in participating in one of the New England’s most recruited events, please register for our wait lists or inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
2023 Hotel Policy
ALL TRAVELING TEAM MANAGERS/CLUB ADMINISTRATORS MUST REVIEW OUR HOTEL POLICY & RULES BELOW. FAILURE TO KNOW OUR POLICY COULD SUBJECT YOUR TEAM TO NON-ACCEPTANCE OR REMOVAL FROM THE TOURNAMENT
To insure the quality of service provided during Firecracker Sports events, there is a Hotel Obligation Policy.
WHAT IS A “HOTEL OBLIGATION” TOURNAMENT?
Simply stated, if your team requires hotel accommodations (team traveling 90 miles or more to the event’s destination city) your team MUST stay at one of the approved participating tournament partner hotels. These participating hotels are reviewable by clicking on the “hotel” links on the tournament event page or on the main page of Firecracker Sports. Reservations can be made prior to being accepted and should be made ASAP as the hotels fill up quick.
WHY DOES THIS TOURNAMENT HAVE A “HOTEL OBLIGATION?”
We work very hard to keep our costs down and also balance the economic impact a tournament like ours can have towards the communities and programs we serve. The approved hotels on this website assist with both concerns and the following are the benefits to our programs:
- To make it manageable we have room nights “blocked” for our out-of-town teams from our participating tournament partner hotels.
- Because we do not use a Third Party Housing Group and we negotiate large blocks of rooms with the hotels directly, you’ll find a wide variety of best pricing and amenities from our hotels.
- Care in selecting location and proximity to our playing field. See our "fields/facilities" tab to find out where your team most likely will be playing so you can lock down hotels near your fields.
- All of our tournament hotels have been approved due to their quality and desire to give our guests the best event experience.
- Room inventory which is shared with the tournament to ensure that room demands can be met from year to year.
- By using participating tournament partner hotels, Firecracker Sports can offer our “Act of God” Clause. This states “Should this event be cancelled for reasons beyond the Event Organizer’s control (including weather), all outstanding reservations will be released at no charge to the participants.”
WHY ARE THERE PENALTIES FOR NOT ABIDING BY OUR HOTEL “HOTEL OBLIGATION” POLICY?
In order to best serve our out-of-town teams we need this to be a win-win for our guest teams and our hotel partners…If the rules are not followed then we jeopardize our relationships with these hotels and this could potentially add more costs to the teams.
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR NOT FOLLOWING OUR POLICY?
- Any accepted team to the 2020 tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and does not stay in one of our approved partner hotels will not be accepted to the tournament.
- An accepted team to the 2020 tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and double books their team at more than one hotel will not be accepted to the tournament or will be removed from the tournament.
- Teams who do not stay in our partner hotels will risk forfeiting their games and not be allowed to return to the tournament next year.
WHAT IF OUR TEAM DOES NOT GET ACCEPTED AND WE HAVE A HOTEL RESERVATION?
Teams will be able to cancel their hotel reservation if they are not accepted to the tournament.
2023 Fields & Facilities
2023 Tournament Rules
Thank you for your interest in Firecracker Sports and support for our baseball events. We have updated several rules so there is more clarity to lineups, tie-breakers and other dynamics like home vs. away. We answer all of your biggest questions regarding rules by checking out our “Team Information” section which includes event rules such as age requirements, tie-breakers, lineups and much more like insurance, rosters and payments. Please click on the button below for more advanced details.
If you have any questions or concerns please hit the chat button at the bottom of your screen or email email@example.com for more details.
OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT RULES
2023 Team Roster Information
Thank you for your interest and support of our Firecracker Sports events. In order to provide you the best experience possible, we request the entry of your team's roster via the link below. The deadline for all summer tournaments is April 1st. This will allow us to promote your student athletes to the attending college coaches ahead of time along with promote the players who have committed to play in college, giving an extra boast not only to the student athletes but your programs as well!
We have created a brand new and innovative website that is user-friendly for our parents, players and coaches. With this exciting new addition, we have created a one-stop shop for all your showcase baseball needs. You can create a user account, setup your teams, register for any event, make payments plus enter your roster one time and being done for the entire calendar year! This platform also will be where you see hotels, shopping, schedules, scores, standings and playoff implications right from your mobile device. We hope you enjoy this special benefit and make your life easier.
ENTER TEAM ROSTER INFORMATION
2023 Tournament Schedule
We work on releasing our schedules 2 MONTHS prior to any event we host and run in a normal year. Once our event becomes full we begin to put the teams, fields and pool play together so you can plan your trip better to the Cape Cod area. This allows everyone to plan in advance their hotels, social events but also let the college programs you're interested in, know the playing times of your team.
We will release schedules directly to the coaches when they have submitted all paperwork and payments, as early as February 1st. Public release for this event in 2023 will be June 2nd, listed right here. We try to maintain first class customer service from the point of registration, all the way through our final Championship game of our events, so your experience always remains first class!
Please check out the latest scores and standings of our current event held for the 17U National Pro Showcase.
2022 Playoffs/Tie-Breaker System
- Winner of each pool will advance to the playoffs on Sunday morning, starting at 9AM.
- There will be 3 pool winners along with a Wild Card advancing to the playoffs on Sunday, July 10th, 2022.
- All pool winners will be seeded #1 - #3 (Wild Card will be #4 seed) based on the overall tie-breaker system below.
- We will have a #2 vs. #3 game at 9AM with the winner advancing to play the winner of the #1 vs #4 seed game, which is at 11:30AM. There are NO time limits on the playoff games.
- The Championship Game will take place on Sunday, July 10th, 2022 roughly 20-25 minutes after conclusion of the semifinal game at 1:30PM.
- There will be a short award and trophy presentation at the end of the championship game.
TIE-BREAKER SYSTEM (for advancing from pool play to playoffs):
- Overall Record (if all teams have played the same amount of games within that pool. If event is impacted by weather, we will use winning percentage instead of overall record)
- Head to Head (if all teams have played each other)
- Runs allowed
- Run Differential
- Runs scored
- Coin flip
National Pro Showcase Scores & Standings
We have stepped up your tournament experience by launching a mobile friendly scores, standings and brackets application to make your experience even better. Now you can see scores, schedules and standings right from your mobile device as soon as the games are concluded. No more calls, emails to find out where, when and who you are playing. Through our app, you can find the GPS location of fields, get notified of time changes, incase of inclement weather but more importantly know where your team is placed for standings after wins or unfortunately, losses.
Please check out the scores and standings of our events, past and present, held in Cape Cod, MA
Cape Cod, MA Destination Information
When it comes to hosting events, Cape Cod is New England’s premier sporting destination. A golfer's dream, Cape Cod's 27 public, daily-fee golf courses and 15 private facilities run the gamut of skill levels, with courses that are pristine, scenic, challenging and fun. Many don’t know that the Cape has its own "Fields of Dreams." The region boasts the premier NCAA-sanctioned summer baseball league in the country - the Cape Cod Baseball League - with 276 alumni now performing in the major leagues.
The Cape Cod sports market has grown over the past few years, with the destination playing host to national events such as the NCAA Division III Baseball, this is just a sample of what Cape Cod has to offer all you Sports Fans!
Share this event on your favorite social media platform!
2022 War at Williamsburg: Tee Shirt$25.00
2022 4th Of July Showcase Tournament - Softball Tee Shirt$25.00
2022 JUCO Showcase Classic: Player Video$199.00
2022 Providence Slugfest: Player Video$199.00
2022 Underclass National Pro Showcase: Tee Shirt$25.00
2022 Battle at the Border: Tee Shirt$25.00
2022 Columbus Day Bash: Player Video$199.00
2022 Team Scout Days: Player Video Upgrade$199.00
2022 Memorial Day Patriotic Bash Tee Shirt$25.00
2022 Sweet Spot Showcase Classic: Player Video$199.00
UA Firecracker Baseball Snapback Hat (Baseball Gray)$29.99
Under Armor Firecracker Baseball Men's Polo (Carbon Heather Gray)$39.99
UA Firecracker Baseball Snapback Hat (Navy Blue)$29.99
Under Armor Firecracker Sports Sweatshirt$49.99
"Limited" 2021 Firecracker Baseball Tournament Series T-Shirt$25.00
2022 Sweet Spot Showcase Classic Tee Shirt$25.00
Under Armor Firecracker Sports Men's Polo (White)$39.99
Under Armor Firecracker Sports Women's Polo$39.99
Under Armor Firecracker Sports 1/4 Zip (Carbon Heather Gray)$39.99
Under Armor Firecracker Baseball 1/4 Zip (Coastal Teal)$39.99
2022 Showcase Battle at the Borders: Player Video
2022 Colonial Clash Showcase Tournament: Player Video
Under Armor Firecracker Sports Bucket Hat$39.99
2022 All American Lighthouse Classic Tournament Tee Shirt$25.00
2022 4th Of July Showcase Tournament - Baseball Tee Shirt$25.00