2019-2020 Firecracker Sports Hotels
ALL TRAVELING TEAM MANAGERS/CLUB ADMINISTRATORS MUST REVIEW OUR HOTEL POLICY & RULES PRESENTED BELOW. FAILURE TO KNOW OUR POLICY COULD SUBJECT YOUR TEAM TO NON-ACCEPTANCE OR REMOVAL FROM THE TOURNAMENT
To insure the quality of service provided during a Firecracker Sports event this organization has put in a Hotel Obligation Policy.
WHAT IS A “HOTEL OBLIGATION” TOURNAMENT?
Simply stated, if your team requires hotel accommodations (team traveling 75 miles or more to the event’s destination city) your team MUST stay at one of the approved participating tournament partner hotels. These participating hotels are reviewable by clicking on the “hotel” links on the tournament event page or on the main page of Firecracker Sports. Reservations can be made prior to being accepted and should be made ASAP as the hotels fill up quick.
WHY DOES THIS TOURNAMENT HAVE A “HOTEL OBLIGATION?”
We work very hard to keep our costs down and also balance the economic impact a tournament like ours can have towards the communities and programs we serve. The approved hotels on this website assist with both concerns and the following are the benefits to our programs:
- To make it manageable we have room nights “blocked” for our out-of-town teams from our participating tournament partner hotels.
- Because we do not use a Third Party Housing Group and we negotiate large blocks of rooms with the hotels directly, you’ll find a wide variety of best pricing and amenities from our hotels.
- Care in selecting location and proximity to our playing field. See our “fields/facilities” tab to find out where your team most likely will be playing so you can lock down hotels near your fields.
- All of our tournament hotels have been approved due to their quality and desire to give our guests the best event experience.
- Room inventory which is shared with the tournament to ensure that room demands can be met from year to year.
- By using participating tournament partner hotels, Firecracker Sports can offer our “Act of God” Clause. This states “Should this event be cancelled for reasons beyond the Event Organizer’s control (including weather), all outstanding reservations will be released at no charge to the participants.”
WHY ARE THERE PENALTIES FOR NOT ABIDING BY OUR HOTEL “HOTEL OBLIGATION” POLICY?
In order to best serve our out-of-town teams we need this to be a win-win for our guest teams and our hotel partners…If the rules are not followed then we jeopardize our relationships with these hotels and this could potentially add more costs to the teams.
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR NOT FOLLOWING OUR POLICY?
- Any accepted team to the 2020 tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and does not stay in one of our approved partner hotels will not be accepted to the tournament.
- An accepted team to the 2020 tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and double books their team at more than one hotel will not be accepted to the tournament or will be removed from the tournament.
- Teams who do not stay in our partner hotels will risk forfeiting their games and not be allowed to return to the tournament next year.
WHAT IF OUR TEAM DOES NOT GET ACCEPTED AND WE HAVE A HOTEL RESERVATION?
Teams will be able to cancel their hotel reservation if they are not accepted to the tournament.