2021 Tournament Information
16th Annual “Battle at the Border” will be held June 11th – 13th, 2021
College Showcase Camp: TBA
Graduating Classes: 2022-2023 (2024 inquire first before registering)
Pool play: Friday, June 11th (PM only) through Saturday, June 12th, 2021
Playoffs & Championships: Sunday, June 13th, 2021
- Please Note: – Teams will be accepted on a “First Paid-First Accepted” basis and entries will be limited only to the first 32 paid registrations. (*Past Battle at the Border events typically have filled up before January 30th*)
- Registration Fee: $1,200.00
- Teams who register, but do not pay are not in the tournament and placed on the waiting list until payment is received. To avoid being placed on the waiting list and secure entry, payment must be made.
- 3 Game Guarantee: Pool play format will be used with all teams entered (*weather permitting*).
- Teams will play either 1 game Friday night/2 games Saturday or 2 games Saturday/1 game Sunday morning before playoffs.
- Baseballs are included for this event as an added bonus to all teams and programs.
- Each team receives 15 t-shirts with their paid registration for this event for players and coaches.
- Two (2) High School board certified Umpires are supplied for every game.
- Preliminary round games will take place at area high school, parks and collegiate fields with the playoffs and championship games being held at a college venue. We use the top fields in the Westchester County, NY area such as Iona College; Concordia College; Purchase College and others.
- Current and past college and professional coaches are employed to evaluate the teams at the prime recruiting age groups during our events.
- Above and Beyond our Competition…We provide on-field reporting, pre and post game interviews with players and coaches, live streaming on You Tube TV, social media staff to promote players and teams, live in game statistics, player assessments and videos which get added to our player database and at we do on-field reporting/interviewing with players/coaches, live streaming of pool play games and all playoff/championships on You Tube TV, social media exposure, “live” in game stats along with more exciting news to be announced shortly.
2021 Return to Play Guidelines
Please check out our website regularly as we update everyone on our return to play guidelines, state travel restrictions along with the waiver forms that every participant MUST sign and turn in before attending one of our events.
Waivers are required for every participant and MUST be signed by the parent as well. These are to include home addresses on each form and MUST be handed in before they can participate in any game. A player without this form, will not be allowed to play/participate or even in the venue for this event. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Please print this form out and make sure each player on your roster submits one. The coach will hand these in at time of “check in” before your first game. They will accompany a roster so it can be verified by the site supervisor at your field. This only has to be done once for this event.
2021 Pro & College Coaches Attending
Please check out our website regularly as we approach the our summer events for confirmed attendance of coaches, schools and scouts. Our rotator above will show you the quality of programs who attended this event previously and have expressed their interest in attending again for 2020.
Due to COVID-19 this list will be published closer to the event date as numerous schools and coaches have been impacted by the NCAA recruiting calendar, traveling restrictions and budget cuts.
- Albertus Magnus College
- Bates College
- Clark University
- College of the Holy Cross
- Community College of Rhode Island
- Concordia College
- Creighton University
- Dominican College
- Fairfield University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Felician College
- Houston Astors – MLB organization
- Iona College
- Johnson & Wales University
- Manhattan College
- Manhattanville College
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- New York University
- Nichols College
- Nyack College
- NY Mets – MLB Organization
- Pace University
- Post University
- Rhode Island College
- Rivier University
- Rockland Community College
- Salve Regina University
- Skidmore College
- Shenandoah University
- Siena College
- St. John’s University
- St. Joseph’s College of Brooklyn
- Stevenson University
- Stockton University
- Stony Brook University
- Texas Rangers – MLB Organization
- University of Albany
- University of Bridgeport
- University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- Washington University-St. Louis
- Westchester Community College
- Western New England University
- West Virginia Wesleyan University
- Wheaton College
- Wofford College
- Worcester State University
We started this event in 2005 and have grown each year as the first showcase event each summer. For 2021 we will have 32 teams competing and coming from New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania. If you are interested in participating in one of the New York’s most recruited events, please register for our wait lists or inquire at email@example.com for more details.
- Bombers 17U Showcase Team (NY)
- LIB A2K (NY)
- LIB 17U Vengeance (NY)
- Academy Stars Showcase – Santonocito (NY)
- Academy Stars Showcase – Sova (NY)
- Bombers Baseball – Liberatore (NY)
- Philadelphia Reds (PA)
- FTB Mid-Atlantic (MD)
- FTB Mid-Atlantic – Herr (MD)
- Taconic Rangers North (NY)
- Renegades 18U – Badalucco (NY)
- Woodbury Sports Junior Ducks (NY)
- Heat Baseball (NY)
- Long Island Titans (NY)
- CT Bombers (CT)
- 9er Baseball (NY)
- Northeast Pride National (PA)
- Next Level Scout (NY)
- Wrath Baseball Brooklyn (NY)
- LI Dodger Nation (NY)
- Boston Prospects 21/22 (MA)
- Freedom Baseball (NY)
- Interstate Baseball (NY)
- East Coast Elite Baseball (NY)
ALL TRAVELING TEAM MANAGERS/CLUB ADMINISTRATORS MUST REVIEW OUR HOTEL POLICY & RULES PRESENTED BELOW. FAILURE TO KNOW OUR POLICY COULD SUBJECT YOUR TEAM TO NON-ACCEPTANCE OR REMOVAL FROM THE TOURNAMENT
To insure the quality of service provided during a Firecracker Sports event this organization has put in a Hotel Obligation Policy.
WHAT IS A “HOTEL OBLIGATION” TOURNAMENT?
Simply stated, if your team requires hotel accommodations (team traveling 75 miles or more to the event’s destination city) your team MUST stay at one of the approved participating tournament partner hotels. These participating hotels are reviewable by clicking on the “hotel” links on the tournament event page or on the main page of Firecracker Sports. Reservations can be made prior to being accepted and should be made ASAP as the hotels fill up quick.
WHY DOES THIS TOURNAMENT HAVE A “HOTEL OBLIGATION?”
We work very hard to keep our costs down and also balance the economic impact a tournament like ours can have towards the communities and programs we serve. The approved hotels on this website assist with both concerns and the following are the benefits to our programs:
- To make it manageable we have room nights “blocked” for our out-of-town teams from our participating tournament partner hotels.
- Because we do not use a Third Party Housing Group and we negotiate large blocks of rooms with the hotels directly, you’ll find a wide variety of best pricing and amenities from our hotels.
- Care in selecting location and proximity to our playing field. See our “fields/facilities” tab to find out where your team most likely will be playing so you can lock down hotels near your fields.
- All of our tournament hotels have been approved due to their quality and desire to give our guests the best event experience.
- Room inventory which is shared with the tournament to ensure that room demands can be met from year to year.
- By using participating tournament partner hotels, Firecracker Sports can offer our “Act of God” Clause. This states “Should this event be cancelled for reasons beyond the Event Organizer’s control (including weather), all outstanding reservations will be released at no charge to the participants.”
WHY ARE THERE PENALTIES FOR NOT ABIDING BY OUR HOTEL “HOTEL OBLIGATION” POLICY?
In order to best serve our out-of-town teams we need this to be a win-win for our guest teams and our hotel partners…If the rules are not followed then we jeopardize our relationships with these hotels and this could potentially add more costs to the teams.
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR NOT FOLLOWING OUR POLICY?
- Any accepted team to the 2020 tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and does not stay in one of our approved partner hotels will not be accepted to the tournament.
- An accepted team to the 2020 tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and double books their team at more than one hotel will not be accepted to the tournament or will be removed from the tournament.
- Teams who do not stay in our partner hotels will risk forfeiting their games and not be allowed to return to the tournament next year.
WHAT IF OUR TEAM DOES NOT GET ACCEPTED AND WE HAVE A HOTEL RESERVATION?
Teams will be able to cancel their hotel reservation if they are not accepted to the tournament.
We try to give all our student athletes and their families a first class experience by securing and enabling all our teams to play on the top facilities in the Westchester, New York area. We would like to see all our teams play all their pool play and playoff games on top fields, including collegiately.
As you can see from the list below most of our divisions are exclusively played on collegiate fields including playoffs and Championships for our 18U Division. These younger divisions are given these unique playing opportunities which has become increasingly rare for other tournament providers. These fields and facilities are tentatively scheduled to host in 2021 but until schedules are finalized please inquire about your location before securing your hotels and travel plans.
18U Division: Pool Play Fields (Championship are TBA)
Other fields/facilities under consideration for this event are:
- Manhattanville College (Purchase, NY)
- Pace University (Pleasantville, NY)
- Westchester Community College (Westchester, NY)
- Cubeta Stadium (Stamford, CT)
- Peekskill Stadium (Peekskill, NY)
- Archbishop Stepinac High School (White Plains, NY)
- Lakeland High School (Lakeland, NY)
- Greenwich HS (Greenwich, CT)
- Mamaroneck High School (Mamaroneck, NY)
- Masters School (Dobbs Ferry, NY)
- Nyack High School (Nyack, NY)
- Brian Hall Middle School: Varsity Turf Field (Norwalk, CT)
- Robert McMahon High School; Varsity Turf Field (Norwalk, CT)
- Kiwanis Field (Fairfield, CT)
- Stamford High School (Stamford, CT)
Thank you for your interest in Firecracker Sports and support for our baseball events. We have updated several rules so there is more clarity to lineups, tie-breakers and other dynamics like home vs. away. We answer all of your biggest questions regarding rules by checking out our “Team Information” section which includes event rules such as age requirements, tie-breakers, lineups and much more like insurance, rosters and payments. Please click on the button below for more advanced details.
If you have any questions or concerns please hit the chat button at the bottom of your screen or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
2021 Playoffs/Tie-Breaker System
- Winner of each pool will advance to the playoffs on Sunday afternoon, starting at 12PM (if there are morning games that day. If there are no morning games, playoffs will begin at 9AM).
- There will be 8 pool winners advancing to the playoffs on Sunday, June 13th, 2021
- All pool winners will be seeded #1 – #8 based on the overall tie-breaker system below.
- Quarterfinals will take place with #1 seed vs. #8 seed and so forth. Winners move on, losing teams are done for this event.
- Semifinal games will take place immediately afterwards.
- 18U Championship Game will take place on Sunday, June 13th roughly 20-25 minutes after conclusion of semifinal game.
- There will be a short award and trophy presentation at the end of each championship game.
1. Overall Record in Tournament
2. Head to Head (Only if two teams)
3. Runs Allowed
4. Run Differential (Maximum differential of 10 runs per game, either way)
5. Runs Scored
6. Coin Flip
Thank you for your interest and support of our Firecracker Sports events. In order to provide you the best experience possible, we request the entry of your team’s roster via the link below. The deadline for all 2021 summer tournaments is April 1st. This will allow us to promote your student athletes to the attending college coaches ahead of time along with promote the players who have committed to play in college, giving an extra boast not only to the student athletes but your programs as well!
We have created a brand new and innovative website that is user-friendly for our parents, players and coaches. With this exciting new addition, we have created a one-stop shop for all your showcase baseball needs. You can create a user account, setup your teams, register for any event, make payments plus enter your roster one time and being done for the entire calendar year! This platform also will be where you see hotels, shopping, schedules, scores, standings and playoff implications right from your mobile device. We hope you enjoy this special benefit and make your life easier.
- First and Last Name
- Jersey Number
- High School
- Graduation Year
- Email Address of a Parent or Player
- College Commitment (not required but asked)
2021 Tournament Schedules
We work on releasing our schedules 2 MONTHS prior to any event we host and run throughout the calendar year. Once our event becomes full we begin to put the teams, fields and pool play together so you can plan your trip better to Westchester, NY. This allows everyone to plan in advance their hotels, social events but also let the college programs you’re interested in, the playing times of your team if they are interested in attending. We try to maintain first class customer service from the point of registration, all the way through our final Championship game of our events, so your experience always remains first class!
Battle at the Border Scores & Standings
We have partnered with another valued member in the baseball industry, Tournament Machine to make your experience even better. Now you can see scores, schedules and standings right from your mobile device as soon as the games are concluded. No more calls, emails to find out where, when and who you are playing. Through our app and Tournament Machine, you can find the GPS location of fields, get notified of time changes, incase of inclement weather but more importantly know where your team is placed for standings after your wins or unfortunately, losses.
Please check out the scores and standings of our events, past and present, held in Westchester, NY.
Battle at the Border Scout Books
College coaches and professional scouts we provide up to the date scout books for your recruiting needs. There is no extra charges with Firecracker Sports to get these books or have them right on your phone at our events. Just click on the button below and download each event/division you are looking for. For password protection, please contact email@example.com for this password. You MUST be an active college coach or MLB scout to have access to our database!
Westchester, NY Destination Information
Coming soon from the Westchester, NY CVB!