YOUR HOME FOR SHOWCASE SPORTS, COLLEGE RECRUITING AND GREAT VALUE IN TRAVEL DESTINATION
2022 Battle at the Border
More information coming soon!
2022 Tournament Information
Age/Division: Underclass Only...Class of 2023 or younger
Pool play: Friday, June 10th (PM only) through Saturday, June 11th, 2022
Playoffs & Championships: Sunday, June 12th, 2022
- Please Note: - Teams will be accepted on a "First Paid-First Accepted" basis and entries will be limited only to the first 28 paid registrations.
- Registration Fee: $1,199.00, paid in full by December 15th, 2021...after December 15th, 2021 the registration fee is $1299.00.
- Teams who register, but do not pay are not in the tournament and placed on the waiting list until payment is received. To avoid being placed on the waiting list and secure entry, payment must be made.
- 3 Game Guarantee: Pool play format will be used with all teams entered (*weather permitting*).
- Teams will play 1 game Friday night/2 games Saturday before playoffs.
- Baseballs and lineup cards are included for this event as an added bonus to all teams and programs.
- Two (2) High School board certified Umpires are supplied for every game.
- Preliminary round games will take place at area high school, parks and collegiate fields with the playoffs and championship games being held at a college venue. We use the top fields in the Westchester County, NY area such as Iona College; Purchase College, Maritime College and others.
- Current and past college and professional coaches are employed to evaluate the teams at the prime recruiting age groups during our events.
- Above and Beyond our Competition...We provide on-field reporting, pre and post game interviews with players and coaches, live streaming on GameKast Live, social media staff to promote players and teams, live in game statistics, player assessments and videos which get added to our player database and more exciting news to be announced shortly.
College and Pro Coaches have attended in the past
This is one of our most scouted events on the calendar each year. We typically see 30+ college and pro scouts at this event due to the time of year, as this event falls between the spring seasons and the start of summer baseball. Each year we have over 35+ schools/MLB organizations present including:
Colleges/Organizations who are committed to attend in 2022!
- Pace University
- Fairfield University
- Felician University
- Purchase College
- Manhattanville College
- Iona College
- University of Bridgeport
- Post University
- Johnson & Wales University
- Nichols College
- Roger Williams University
- Monroe College
- Maritime College
- Dean College
- Hudson Valley Community College
- Atlanta Braves (MLB)
- New York Yankees (MLB)
- Boston Red Sox (MLB)
- Washington Nationals (MLB)
- Tampa Rays (MLB)
- Houston Astros (MLB)
- Cincinnati Reds (MLB)
- Atlanta Braves (MLB)
- New York Mets (MLB)
- Toronto Blue Jays (MLB)
2022 Teams Registered
This event started in 2005 and have grown each year as the first showcase event each summer. For 2022 we will have 28 teams competing and coming from New York, Maryland, Virginia Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Pennsylvania. If you are interested in participating in one of the New York’s most recruited events, please register for our wait lists or inquire at email@example.com for more details.
2022 Hotel Policy
ALL TRAVELING TEAM MANAGERS/CLUB ADMINISTRATORS MUST REVIEW OUR HOTEL POLICY & RULES BELOW. FAILURE TO KNOW OUR POLICY COULD SUBJECT YOUR TEAM TO NON-ACCEPTANCE OR REMOVAL FROM THE TOURNAMENT
To insure the quality of service provided during Firecracker Sports events, there is a Hotel Obligation Policy.
WHAT IS A “HOTEL OBLIGATION” TOURNAMENT?
Simply stated, if your team requires hotel accommodations (team traveling 75 miles or more to the event’s destination city) your team MUST stay at one of the approved participating tournament partner hotels. These participating hotels are reviewable by clicking on the “hotel” links on the tournament event page or on the main page of Firecracker Sports. Reservations can be made prior to being accepted and should be made ASAP as the hotels fill up quick.
WHY DOES THIS TOURNAMENT HAVE A “HOTEL OBLIGATION?”
We work very hard to keep our costs down and also balance the economic impact a tournament like ours can have towards the communities and programs we serve. The approved hotels on this website assist with both concerns and the following are the benefits to our programs:
- To make it manageable we have room nights “blocked” for our out-of-town teams from our participating tournament partner hotels.
- Because we do not use a Third Party Housing Group and we negotiate large blocks of rooms with the hotels directly, you’ll find a wide variety of best pricing and amenities from our hotels.
- Care in selecting location and proximity to our playing field. See our "fields/facilities" tab to find out where your team most likely will be playing so you can lock down hotels near your fields.
- All of our tournament hotels have been approved due to their quality and desire to give our guests the best event experience.
- Room inventory which is shared with the tournament to ensure that room demands can be met from year to year.
- By using participating tournament partner hotels, Firecracker Sports can offer our “Act of God” Clause. This states “Should this event be cancelled for reasons beyond the Event Organizer’s control (including weather), all outstanding reservations will be released at no charge to the participants.”
WHY ARE THERE PENALTIES FOR NOT ABIDING BY OUR HOTEL “HOTEL OBLIGATION” POLICY?
In order to best serve our out-of-town teams we need this to be a win-win for our guest teams and our hotel partners…If the rules are not followed then we jeopardize our relationships with these hotels and this could potentially add more costs to the teams.
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR NOT FOLLOWING OUR POLICY?
- Any accepted team to a tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and does not stay in one of our approved partner hotels will not be accepted to the tournament.
- An accepted team to a tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and double books their team at more than one hotel will not be accepted to the tournament or will be removed from the tournament.
- Teams who do not stay in our partner hotels will risk forfeiting their games and not be allowed to return to the tournament next year.
WHAT IF OUR TEAM DOES NOT GET ACCEPTED AND WE HAVE A HOTEL RESERVATION?
Teams will be able to cancel their hotel reservation if they are not accepted to the tournament.
2022 Fields & Facilities
We try to give all our student athletes and their families a first class experience by securing and enabling all our teams to play on the top facilities in the Westchester, New York area. We would like to see all our teams play all their pool play and playoff games on top fields, including collegiately.
As you can see from the list below most of our divisions are exclusively played on collegiate fields including playoffs and Championships for our 2022 event. These fields and facilities are tentatively scheduled to host in 2022 but until schedules are finalized please inquire about your location before securing your hotels and travel plans.
Underclass Only Division: Pool Play Fields (Championship is at Purchase College)
Other fields/facilities under consideration for this event are:
- Pace University (Pleasantville, NY)
- Westchester Community College (Westchester, NY)
- Cubeta Stadium (Stamford, CT)
- Archbishop Stepinac High School (White Plains, NY)
- Lakeland High School (Lakeland, NY)
- Greenwich HS (Greenwich, CT)
- Mamaroneck High School (Mamaroneck, NY)
- Fox Lane High School (Bedford, NY)
- Port Chester High School (Port Chester, NY)
- Rec. Park (Port Chester, NY)
2022 Tournament Rules
Thank you for your interest in Firecracker Sports and support for our baseball events. We have updated several rules so there is more clarity to lineups, tie-breakers and other dynamics like home vs. away. We answer all of your biggest questions regarding rules by checking out our “Team Information” section which includes event rules such as age requirements, tie-breakers, lineups and much more like insurance, rosters and payments. Please click on the button below for more advanced details.
If you have any questions or concerns please hit the chat button at the bottom of your screen or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
2022 Team Roster Forms
Thank you for your interest and support of our Firecracker Sports events. In order to provide you the best experience possible, we request the entry of your team's roster via the link below. The deadline for all spring/summer tournaments is April 1st. This will allow us to promote your top student athletes ahead of time giving an extra boast not only to the student athletes but your programs as well!
We have created a brand new and innovative website that is user-friendly for our parents, players and coaches. With this exciting new addition, we have created a one-stop shop for all your baseball needs. You can create a user account, setup your teams, register for any event, make payments plus enter your roster one time and being done for the entire calendar year! This platform also will be where you see hotels, shopping, schedules, scores, standings and playoff implications right from your mobile device. We hope you enjoy this special benefit and make your life easier.
2022 Tournament Schedule
Updated note: Due to the lack of rosters and insurance submitted to date, the public release of this schedule will be pushed back.
We work on releasing our schedules 2 MONTHS prior to any event we host and run in a normal year. Once our event becomes full we begin to put the teams, fields and pool play together so you can plan your trip better to the Westchester, New York area. This allows everyone to plan in advance their hotels, social events but also let the college programs you're interested in, know the playing times of your team.
We will release schedules directly to the coaches when they have submitted all paperwork and payments, as early as February 1st. Public release for this event in 2022 will be May 13th, listed right here. We try to maintain first class customer service from the point of registration, all the way through our final Championship game of our events, so your experience always remains first class!
Please check out the latest scores and standings of our current event held for the Battle at the Border.
2022 Playoffs/Tie-Breaker System
- Winner of each pool will advance to the playoffs on Sunday morning, starting at 8:30am/9:00am.
- There will be 7 pool winners, along with 1 Wild Card advancing to the playoffs on Sunday, June 12th, 2022
- All pool winners will be seeded #1 - #7 based on the overall tie-breaker system below. The Wild Card will be the #8 seed.
- Quarterfinal games will take place at 830am/9am and winners moving on throughout the day.
- The semifinals will take place at 1:00/1:30PM at Iona College and Purchase College.
- The Championship Game will take place on Sunday, June 12th roughly 20-25 minutes after conclusion of previous semifinal game.
- There will be a short award and trophy presentation at the end of each championship game.
TIE-BREAKER SYSTEM (for advancing from pool play to playoffs):
- Overall Record (if all teams have played the same amount of games within that pool. If event is impacted by weather, we will use winning percentage instead of overall record)
- Head to Head (if all teams have played each other)
- Runs allowed
- Run Differential
- Runs scored
- Coin flip
Battle at the Border Scores & Standings
We have stepped up your tournament experience by launching a mobile friendly scores, standings and brackets application to make your experience even better. Now you can see scores, schedules and standings right from your mobile device as soon as the games are concluded. No more calls, emails to find out where, when and who you are playing. Through our app, you can find the GPS location of fields, get notified of time changes, incase of inclement weather but more importantly know where your team is placed for standings after wins or unfortunately, losses.
Please check out the scores and standings of our events, past and present, held in Westchester, NY.
Westchester, NY Destination Information
Coming soon from the Westchester, NY CVB!
Share this event on your favorite social media platform!
2022 JUCO Showcase Classic: Player Video
2022 Providence Slugfest: Player Video
2022 Underclass National Pro Showcase: Tee Shirt
2022 Battle at the Border: Tee Shirt
2022 Memorial Day Patriotic Bash Tee Shirt
2022 Columbus Day Bash: Player Video
2022 Team Scout Days: Player Video Upgrade$199.00
One Handed Training Bat$42.95
2022 Sweet Spot Showcase Classic: Player Video
Hand Eye Coordination Training Bat$44.95
Under Armor Firecracker Baseball Men's Polo (Carbon Heather Gray)$39.99
Pro Select Series (Li89)$159.99
UA Firecracker Baseball Snapback Hat (Baseball Gray)$29.99
Professional Super Dense Series (DTi13-SD)$139.99
Professional Super Dense Series (DT110-SD)$139.99
Professional Super Dense Series (DT243-SD)$139.99
UA Firecracker Baseball Snapback Hat (Navy Blue)$29.99
Under Armor Firecracker Sports Sweatshirt$49.99
"Limited" 2021 Firecracker Baseball Tournament Series T-Shirt$25.00
2022 Sweet Spot Showcase Classic Tee Shirt
Under Armor Firecracker Baseball 1/4 Zip (Coastal Teal)$39.99
Under Armor Firecracker Sports Men's Polo (White)$39.99
Under Armor Firecracker Sports Women's Polo$39.99
Under Armor Firecracker Sports 1/4 Zip (Carbon Heather Gray)$39.99
Under Armor Firecracker Sports Bucket Hat$39.99
2022 All American Lighthouse Classic Tournament Tee Shirt
2022 4th Of July Showcase Tournament Tee Shirt
2022 All American Lighthouse Classic: Player Video
2022 Showcase Battle at the Borders T-Shirt
2022 4th of July Showcase: Player Video
2022 Colonial Clash Showcase Tournament T-Shirt
2022 Showcase Battle at the Borders: Player Video
2022 Colonial Clash Showcase Tournament: Player Video