2022 Tournament Information
15th Annual “4th of July Showcase Tournament” presented by Firecracker Sports
College Showcase Camp – Individual Players only: Wednesday, June 29th, 2022
Age groups: 12U (New for 2022); 13U, 14U; 15U, 16U/17U and 18U/19U (6 Divisions)
13U-19U Pool Play: Thursday, June 30th – Saturday, July 2nd, 2022
12U & 13U Playoffs and Championships: Sunday, July 3rd, 2022
14U-19U Playoffs/Championships: Sunday, July 3rd – Monday, July 4th, 2022
- Please Note: – Teams will be accepted on a “First Paid-First Accepted” basis and entries will be limited only to the first 186 paid registrations. (*Past 4th of July Showcase tournaments typically have filled up before December 31st.*)
- Registration Fee: $1,049.00 – $1399.00 (*Registered & paid for on or prior to December 31, 2021*)
- Registration Fee: $1,099.00 – $1499.00 (*Registered & paid for on or after January 1st, 2022*)
- Teams who register, but do not pay are not in the tournament and placed on the waiting list until payment is received. To avoid being placed on the waiting list and secure entry, payment must be made.
- 4 Game Guarantee: Pool play format will be used with all teams entered (*weather permitting*).
- Baseballs and lineup cards are included for this event as an added bonus to all teams and programs.
- Two (2) High School board certified Umpires are supplied for every game.
- Preliminary round games will take place at area high school and collegiate fields with the playoffs and championship games at college facilities. We use the top fields in MA and RI to include Brown University, Salve Regina University, Stonehill College, Bryant University, University of Rhode Island, Bridgewater State University, Worcester State University and more!
- Current and past college and professional coaches are employed to evaluate the teams at the prime recruiting age groups during our events.
- Above and Beyond our Competition…We provide on-field reporting, pre and post game interviews with players and coaches, live streaming on You Tube TV, social media staff to promote players and teams, live in game statistics, player assessments and videos which get added to our player database and much much more!
2022 Pro & College Coaches Attending
Please check out our website regularly as we approach the our summer events for confirmed attendance of coaches, schools and scouts. Our rotator above will show you the quality of programs who attended this event previously and have expressed their interest in attending again for 2021.
We are very excited about this year’s event as we have expanded to 180+ teams for all divisions. We started with 6 teams in 2008 then in 2019, we had 157 teams coming from Canada, New Jersey, New York, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Who’s next? We have plans to make this event even bigger and better for 2021 as dates are set through 2022! Want in game stats? How about player interviews, social media exposure for your program? Want More…Look no further as we had 100+ college coaches in attendance on top of all of this…If you are interested in participating in one of the East Coast’s biggest and most scouted events, please secure your spot today or inquire for more information at email@example.com for more details.
*UPDATED NOTE 2.1.20* PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTELS DIRECTLY AS THIS CONFUSED ROOM NUMBERS, BLOCKS AND ALSO THE OVERALL RATES THAT THE TOURNAMENT NEGOTIATES ON EVERYONE’S BEHALF. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT OPERATIONS@FIRECRACKERSPORTS.COM FOR MORE DETAILS!
ALL TRAVELING TEAM MANAGERS/CLUB ADMINISTRATORS MUST REVIEW OUR HOTEL POLICY & RULES BELOW. FAILURE TO KNOW OUR POLICY COULD SUBJECT YOUR TEAM TO NON-ACCEPTANCE OR REMOVAL FROM THE TOURNAMENT
To insure the quality of service provided during Firecracker Sports events, there is a Hotel Obligation Policy.
WHAT IS A “HOTEL OBLIGATION” TOURNAMENT?
Simply stated, if your team requires hotel accommodations (team traveling 75 miles or more to the event’s destination city) your team MUST stay at one of the approved participating tournament partner hotels. These participating hotels are reviewable by clicking on the “hotel” links on the tournament event page or on the main page of Firecracker Sports. Reservations can be made prior to being accepted and should be made ASAP as the hotels fill up quick.
WHY DOES THIS TOURNAMENT HAVE A “HOTEL OBLIGATION?”
We work very hard to keep our costs down and also balance the economic impact a tournament like ours can have towards the communities and programs we serve. The approved hotels on this website assist with both concerns and the following are the benefits to our programs:
- To make it manageable we have room nights “blocked” for our out-of-town teams from our participating tournament partner hotels.
- Because we do not use a Third Party Housing Group and we negotiate large blocks of rooms with the hotels directly, you’ll find a wide variety of best pricing and amenities from our hotels.
- Care in selecting location and proximity to our playing field. See our “fields/facilities” tab to find out where your team most likely will be playing so you can lock down hotels near your fields.
- All of our tournament hotels have been approved due to their quality and desire to give our guests the best event experience.
- Room inventory which is shared with the tournament to ensure that room demands can be met from year to year.
- By using participating tournament partner hotels, Firecracker Sports can offer our “Act of God” Clause. This states “Should this event be cancelled for reasons beyond the Event Organizer’s control (including weather), all outstanding reservations will be released at no charge to the participants.”
WHY ARE THERE PENALTIES FOR NOT ABIDING BY OUR HOTEL “HOTEL OBLIGATION” POLICY?
In order to best serve our out-of-town teams we need this to be a win-win for our guest teams and our hotel partners…If the rules are not followed then we jeopardize our relationships with these hotels and this could potentially add more costs to the teams.
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR NOT FOLLOWING OUR POLICY?
- Any accepted team to the 2020 tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and does not stay in one of our approved partner hotels will not be accepted to the tournament.
- An accepted team to the 2020 tournament(s) who requires overnight accommodations and double books their team at more than one hotel will not be accepted to the tournament or will be removed from the tournament.
- Teams who do not stay in our partner hotels will risk forfeiting their games and not be allowed to return to the tournament next year.
WHAT IF OUR TEAM DOES NOT GET ACCEPTED AND WE HAVE A HOTEL RESERVATION?
Teams will be able to cancel their hotel reservation if they are not accepted to the tournament.
Newport Gulls/NECBL Night with Firecracker Sports!
Open to all participants, families, coaches and friends of the 4th of July Showcase Tournament, presented by Firecracker Sports.
We have partnered with the Newport Gulls to bring you our 1st ever NECBL night on July 3rd! Take a ride down to the city by the sea and experience the beautiful coastal destination of Newport, RI. We love to hold social events during our tournaments, to allow us to interact and get to know our coaches, student athletes and families. This isn’t always about the play on the field that brings us together for these tournaments, but the mutual love for the game of baseball.
Friday, July 2nd’s schedule of events
6:00PM: Pre game ceremonies with teams represented on the field.
6:15PM Ceremonial 1st pitch presented by a special guest of the
4th of July Showcase Tournament (look for that special contest soon!)
6:35PM Newport Gulls vs. Ocean State Waves game begins
9:00PM-9:30PM: Game ends and you can enjoy the city by the sea/Newport dining/night life.
TICKETS COMING SOON!
Firecracker Sports is proud to team up with Vs. Cancer for our upcoming 4th of July Showcase Tournament to bring awareness to pediatric cancer issues and support for further research!
Gather your teammates to fundraise with Vs. Cancer for an unforgettable tournament and a brighter future for children. Vs. Cancer works with baseball programs across the country to fund research and child life programs in local hospitals to support children battling brain tumors and other cancers.
Vs. Cancer empowers any sports team, any athlete, any community to help kids with cancer. As a signature fundraising campaign of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, proceeds are split between child life programs in local hospitals and national pediatric brain tumor research. Vs. Cancer was designed for athletes, by athletes. Started by a pediatric brain cancer survivor, and former baseball player at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chase Jones started this program so that every child feels they have a team rooting for their survival. We know from experience that both research and family support are critical for children to thrive.
Want to know more? Click these links below on how you can get your team involved and win a FREE team registration to 2021’s 4th of July Showcase Tournament!
We try to give all our student athletes and their families a first class experience by securing and enabling all our teams to play on the top facilities here in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. We are getting close to our goal of securing all college fields for every age group! We would like to see all our teams play all their pool play and playoff games on top fields, including collegiately. Unfortunately with the ongoing health pandemic, we have been unable to rent and utilize collegiate facilities in 2020, like we have in the past. These fields and facilities are tentatively scheduled to host in 2021 but until schedules are finalized please inquire about your location before securing your hotels and travel plans.
18U/19U Division: Pool Play Fields
Thank you for your interest in Firecracker Sports and support for our baseball events. We have updated several rules so there is more clarity to lineups, tie-breakers and other dynamics like home vs. away. We answer all of your biggest questions regarding rules by checking out our “Team Information” section which includes event rules such as age requirements, tie-breakers, lineups and much more like insurance, rosters and payments. Please click on the button below for more advanced details.
If you have any questions or concerns please hit the chat button at the bottom of your screen or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Thank you for your interest in Firecracker Sports and support for our baseball events. In order to provide you the best experience possible, we request the entry of your team’s roster via the link below. The deadline for all 2021 summer tournaments is April 1st. This will allow us to promote your student athletes to the attending college coaches ahead of time along with promote the players who have committed to play in college, giving an extra boast not only to the student athletes but your programs as well!
We have created a brand new and innovative website that is user-friendly for our parents, players and coaches. With this exciting new addition, we have created a one-stop shop for all your showcase baseball needs. You can create a user account, setup your teams, register for any event, make payments plus enter your roster one time and being done for the entire calendar year! This platform also will be where you see hotels, shopping, schedules, scores, standings and playoff implications right from your mobile device. We hope you enjoy this special benefit and make your life easier.
- First and Last Name
- Jersey Number
- High School
- Graduation Year
- Email Address of a Parent or Player
- College Commitment (not required but asked)
We work on releasing our schedules 2 MONTHS prior to any event we host and run in a normal year. Once our event becomes full we begin to put the teams, fields and pool play together so you can plan your trip better to Providence, Rhode Island. This allows everyone to plan in advance their hotels, social events but also let the college programs you’re interested in, know the playing times of your team. Unfortunately due to the ongoing pandemic, schedules will be released 1 month prior, directly to the coaches when they have submitted all paperwork and payments.
Public release for this event in 2021 will be June 18th. We try to maintain first class customer service from the point of registration, all the way through our final Championship game of our events, so your experience always remains first class!
2021 Playoffs/Tie-Breaker System
1. Overall Record in Tournament
2. If two teams are tied, Head to Head winner. If three teams are tied, if one of the teams has defeated other 2 teams, that team advances. If not we proceed to #3.
3. Runs Allowed
4. Run Differential (Maximum differential of 10 runs per game, either way)
5. Runs Scored
6. Coin Flip
4th of July Showcase Tournament Scores & Standings
We have partnered with another valued member in the baseball industry, Tournament Machine to make your experience even better. Now you can see scores, schedules and standings right from your mobile device as soon as the games are concluded. No more calls, emails to find out where, when and who you are playing. Through our app and Tournament Machine, you can find the GPS location of fields, get notified of time changes, incase of inclement weather but more importantly know where your team is placed for standings after your wins or unfortunately, losses.
Please check out the latest scores and standings of our events, past and present, held in Providence, Rhode Island
4th of July Showcase Tournament Scout Books
College coaches and professional scouts we provide up to the date scout books for your recruiting needs. There is no extra charges with Firecracker Sports to get these books or have them right on your phone at our events. Just click on the button below and download each event/division you are looking for. For password protection, please contact email@example.com for this password. You MUST be an active college coach or MLB scout to have access to our database!
Providence, RI Destination Information
More information to come soon from our friends and partners at the Providence/Warwick Convention and Visitor’s Bureau!